International Home Watch Alliance – Approved Business Membership
Approved Business Members of the International Home Watch Alliance™ are organizations that embrace and have the commitment to advance the Home Watch profession through integrity, sound business practices, and ensuring they leverage best practices to properly look after the client’s seasonal home.
- A business listing in IHWA Membership Directory with robust search capability.
- Be able to fully customize profile and leverage if your organization does not have or want a website while still having a web presence.
- Be recognized as a professional organization that has met the criteria of the IHWA.
- Have access to ongoing professional development and resources.
- Have access to a members-only forum to share best practices with industry peers.
- Differentiate your business from your competition due to high standards involved to become a member of the IHWA.
- Leverage the combined efforts of all IHWA members to support advocacy efforts to advance the recognition of the Home Watch industry.
- Access to related businesses who understand and endorse the mission of the IHWA.
- Access marketing programs.
- Confirm that you have an established business entity.
- Proof of business insurance:
- Minimum Coverage – $1,000,000 General Liability – $2,000,000 Aggregate. The IHWA must be named on the Certificate of Insurance/COI as an Additional Insured
- Bond in the minimum amount of $10, 000.
- Confirm that you have a contract between your Home Watch business and the homeowner.
- Confirm that you have a Car Drive Agreement if providing such service.
- Pass a background check of the business owner(s).
- Agree to the Terms & Conditions of the IHWA. Terms and Conditions can be reviewed here
Upon becoming an Accredited Member, we welcome the opportunity to discuss how best to leverage the marketing assets of the IHWA. We will also share more about the various committees to see where you are suited to contribute to the IHWA community at large. Today’s members are tomorrow’s leaders.
*Contracts, business website, and marketing materials are subject to review by the IHWA Compliance Committee.
Annual Business Membership is $450
- This includes one background check. Background checks for additional owners are $75.
- In the event that Membership is not approved, the IHWA will provide a refund less $75 for the cost of the background check.
- Membership fee is non-refundable