Become a certified home watch reporter™
The International Home Watch Alliance™ offers a certification examination for Home Watch Professionals. You can become a Certified Home Watch Reporter™ by passing the multiple-choice and true/false examination.
By passing the IHWA Foundation Examination, you will be able to differentiate yourself by demonstrating that you have a foundational understanding of key Home Watch terminology and Best Practices for performing an optimal Home Watch visit.
Home Watch Foundation Examination
The Home Watch Foundation Examination is available to IHWA Accredited Members.
The Home Watch Foundation Examination is a closed book, multiple-choice and true/false examination to be completed in one (1) hour. The examination is administered as an online web-based examination with a web proctor.
Passing score is 75% or greater.
Designation upon passing the examination: IHWA Certified Home Watch Reporter™
You must be an IHWA member in good standing.
Examination fee is $179*
*Exam Fee is waived in 2019.
What is the difference between membership and certification?
- Annual membership is available for Home Watch Business Organizations. Membership is for continuing education, access to IHWA resources, rights to leverage logos and other IHWA media. Certification is at the individual level and demonstrates to the market that the individual has the in-depth knowledge and expertise in the field of Home Watch.
How much does it cost to take the certification test?
How do I prepare for the test?
- Preparing for the examination can be through your own experiences, attending a Home Watch Training Program offered by a training provider, or self-study.
Who administers the examination?
- The IHWA is the governing body who administers and manages the exam blueprint of the IHWA Foundation examination.
Where do I sit the test?
- The examination is offered online and is taken at your own computer in the comfort of your home office.
What is the passing score?
- A score of 80%, or higher, is passing.
What happens if I fail?
- Candidates will be able to retake the examination after a 10 day waiting period and after paying for the exam retake.
What do I get after I pass?
- Upon successful completion of the IHWA Foundation Examination, you will receive a certificate demonstrating that you are an IHWA Certified Home Watch Reporterl™/IHWA-CHWR, update on your IHWA directory listing with IHWA-CHWR logo, copies of the logo to add to your website and promotional materials and more.